Man may be able to evolve a thousand-fold through this technology, but the rush must be tempered with wisdom. –Dr. Lawrence Angelo, The Lawnmower Man
I was going through some old documents from my time in a high tech corporate environment when I came across these quotes of wisdom my engineering colleagues and I circulated among ourselves. I’m sure these quotes are still making the rounds today in some form in other companies.
Use what you can…
Collection of Thoughtful Sayings:
- Just because you’ve been wiping your ass for 30 years doesn’t mean you’re doing it right.
- A penny saved is a penny.
- I’m not the man I want to be nor the man I should be, but I’m sure I’m not the man I used to be.
- Critical people are people who don’t like themselves.
- Wisdom is learning through other people’s mistakes.
- Many people fear success because success means responsibility.
- Healthy people know when they are sick.
- A man that knows NO fear has NO courage.
- Truth is simple. If it sounds complicated, then it is far from the truth.
- It takes courage to ask for what you want. Courage isn’t the absence of fear. It’s doing what is necessary despite your fears.
- Play the hand you’re dealt in life and enjoy freedom.
- We can’t change anything until we accept it.
- Courage is well-concealed fear.
- Religion is for those that are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those that have been there.